Hey guys! Today, I decided to update you all on my summer hair routine. I know this post may be a little late, but I wanted to work out the kinks before I told you guys. So, let’s get into the post!
- Use moisturizing spritz
- Massage scalp with grapeseed oil/peppermint oil mixture
- Moisturize/seal hair every night with Aussie Split-End Protector and oil of choice.
- Co-wash as often as needed (my initial cowash of the week is usually Wednesdays)
- Shampoo wash 1x a week, usually on Sundays (I use the Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo)
- Deep condition 2x a week
- Pre-treatment with olive oil on shampoo wash days
Once a month:
- Clarifying shampoo wash (I used the ORS clarifying shampoos)
- Deep condition with ORS Replenishing conditioner
- Search & destroy/dust ends as needed
I use protein as needed because I feel that my hair can get too much moisture way too fast. For my protein, I use the ApHogee 2-Min Reconstructor still. I sometimes use the Hair Mayo from ORS, but I am looking for another heavy protein because I do not like that one much. If you all have any good protein treatments you love, please let me know!
For styling my hair, I have been doing heatless styles, such as braid outs, and every now and then when the sun is EXTREMELY hot, I pull out my ponytail and wear my hair in a bun. I’m ready for the fall/winter time to get here already so that I can pull out my wigs and not worry about my hair for the next few months.
Right now, my hair is doing pretty well and I am 5 months post today. My stretch has been going well thanks to my spritz, and I think I will be able to stretch to August or September. I’m ready to get my stretch over so I can see if my hair has grown some, though I cut it about a month ago. My new growth is OFF THE CHAIN, but soft. Detangling is still a bitch and a half, and I’m experiencing some shedding. I’m going to try doing a black tea rinse this wash day and see how this works for my hair. Maybe I’ll have something new to add to my regime. We’ll see. But that’s all I have for you guys today. Thank you for reading and have a blessed day!