Hello everyone! Today, I wanted to bring you all a quick beauty post of my top 5 favorite nail polishes for spring. Some of these polishes I’ve had for a while, and one is a newer one to my growing collection of polishes. If there are any nail polishes you love for spring, please let me know! I think it’s fun to find out what type of things you guys love so that I can try them out. Let’s get started!
Note: The polishes are in random order and do not represent how much or how little I love the polishes.
- China Glaze Aquadelic: My favorite turquoise blue! I’m really in love with this color for spring, just like I was last year. I have seen Aquadelic compared to another “Tiffany Blue” inspired color known as For Audrey. Aquadelic is more vibrant on my nails than For Audrey and leans more blue (to me) than For Audrey does. To me, Aquadelic is the perfect spring color if you want a “POW” factor to your nails. It looks really good paired with a more subtle accent nail and a statement ring.
- OPI Barre My Soul: OPI Barre My Soul came out last year for OPI Soft Shades collection, based on the NYC Ballet. This happens to be one of my favorite polishes from the collection to wear alone. It gives my nails a nice shine with or without top coat and it makes my nails look very clean. Typically when I wear this polish, I wear it alone, but I have done a few jelly sandwich manicures with this polish. I love pairing it with my #4 favorite spring polish; it makes the glitter look more pastel and I love it! Definitely pick this up online if you like sheer polishes for alone wear or jelly sandwich manicures!
- China Glaze White on White: China Glaze White on White is one of my favorites for spring time. I think white gives a nice look to the nails, and it can be a base for many different nail designs. I usually do a fun leopard print mani during the spring/summertime and I always use this polish as my base color. This color streaks a little bit, but I find that I can do at least two-three thin coats of this and the polish evens out.
- Wet N Wild Party of Five Glitters: Is it bad to say that I have 3 bottles of this polish in my house? From my understanding, this glitter was limited edition (please correct me if I’m wrong) when it first appeared on the shelves, but I can still find this pretty much in every Walgreens I go into. What I really like about this glitter is how awesome it looks in jelly manicures, aforementioned in #2. This nail polish is my favorite to layer with Barre My Soul. I only use this polish for jelly sandwiches because I love the pastel look the glitter has when it is layered over. It is a very pretty glitter. If you can still find it in Walgreens, I suggest picking it up.
- Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet: This is a newbie in my collection and I am in love with this color. Mint Sorbet leans more on the greenish side of mint and it is a wonderful pastel green color. It goes on very smooth and from what I could tell, it didn’t streak going on. I think this is a perfect green if you’re trying to get more into mint like I am. I’ve worn it a few times and each time, I have received compliments on the color. I do think that this polish will have to be repurchased because I know for a fact that I will be wearing it every chance I get.