My favorite time of the year is nearly upon us; the holidays. I am so excited for this holiday season, as I am every year. This year, I have narrowed down a few items that I would love as gifts and products I have just been eyeing. Please note: this post is only for fun and to share some products/tools that I have had my eye on for a while. I don’t want to come off as though I’m begging; you know how that goes. So without further adieu, let’s get into my list!
- Q-Redew Hand Held Hair Steamer: If you have been following hair blogs for a while (especially in the natural hair community), you may have heard of this product. The Q-Redew is a hand held hair steamer that I have seen many naturals use to restyle their hair from stretched states, to refresh their curls, and to impart more moisture into their hair strands. This steamer has quipped my interest, mainly because I have been wanting to try out a hair steamer for a long while. While I was in DC years ago, my cousin and I went to the Dominican salon, and I got under the steamer; I was in heaven lol. I want to give my hair that softness that I know steam can give me, especially when paired with a great deep conditioner. Now, I know I have seen naturals use it, but not too many relaxed manes have used it (from what I can tell). This is my main product wish for the holidays.
- Highlighters: I just want all of the highlighters. All of them. Recently, thanks to Instagram and YouTube, I have become obsessed with facial highlighters. Right now, I am HEAVILY eyeing Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighter in Peach Nectar, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed highlighters in Blushed Copper and Rose Gold, and the Laura Gellar Glided Honey highlighter. I love highlighters right now; so much so that I went out to purchase the Becca x Jaclyn Hill “Champagne Pop” highlighter, and another one from a company that shall not be named. If I convince at least ONE family member to purchase one of these highlighters, my little makeup heart will explode happily.
- Coloured Raine Matte Lip Paint: Y’all. Did you know that I’m into this whole lip paint thing? I have like five from ColourPop, and one of the most popular shades from Coloured Raine called Raine Fever. I love these lip paints, and I want at least two more for the holidays. Right now, I am eyeing Cherry Blossom and Truffle Raine lip paints. This season, browns, purples, and reds are my go-to fall shades, and I need these two to really round out my lip products.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: Let’s just be real here; I’m going to purchase this before the holidays. I have very dry lips and it is not cute. Although I wear lip balm throughout the day, my lips really take a beating at nighttime because I sleep under two fans, and I’m not as hydrated as I need to be. This lip mask from Bite Beauty is one of my favorites, and will be necessary for my lips during the winter time, I hate the packaging that it comes in (the black covering of the tube begins to chip off and it gets everywhere) but that will not stop me from purchasing this mask. You apply it on at night and sleep with it on, much like you would Vaseline. In the morning, I find that my lips are softer and much easier to exfoliate. This is essential before wearing lip colors, especially the matte lip colors I have been rocking so far.
- iPhone 6s in Rose Gold: I am a big fan of iPhones. I have had every iPhone since the 3g. I’m not about to get into the #TeamiPhone or #TeamAndroid debate, but I do want the new iPhone. Rose Gold holds a special place in my heart right now. I don’t really go so hard for iPhones,but I’m going to find a way to get this phone. Trust and believe.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: For those of you who don’t know, I love video games. It is one of my favorite past times and bonding activities with my fiance. I am an owner of the PS4 (#GreatnessAwaitsYou), and unfortunately, this game will not be in my possession until next year. I played the first Tomb Raider game (the remake, of course), and I’m ready to get this next installment into my possession. Xbox fans, enjoy it while you can. Don’t post spoilers.
- KINGDOM HEARTS 3: Until this game comes out, expect to see it on every Christmas wish list until I can grab this game and hold it close to my heart, never letting go. I cannot begin to describe my love for this series. Disney + Final Fantasy = Get Cho Life. Just watch the trailers. Pick up Kingdoms Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 and experience something great. You’re welcome.