Hey y’all! 2016 is the year of skin for me, so I thought it would be a good idea to share with you all the skincare routine I began in late 2015 to figure out what my dry skin likes and dislikes. As I dive deeper into finding my perfect routine, I want to share with you all my progress and findings. So, let’s get right into it.
- After brushing my teeth, I like to heat my face with a warm washcloth to prepare my skin for releasing the dirt and grime on my face, as well as soften the skin for step 2.
- Using my exfoliating brush that came with my Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa system, I apply a little bit of the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser to the bristles and apply it to my face before turning the brush on. Normally, I will wash my face for the length of a three-minute song (I’m obsessed with Backstreet Boys right now), using the brush on the first speed for my whole face, and the second speed for my nose and eyebrow areas.
- I rinse my face with my warm washcloth again, making sure to remove all of the cleanser residues as I can. If I had a toner, this would be the time that I would tone my face. Right now, I am currently looking for a toner, so if you have any suggestions, please share them.
- To cool my face down, I like using either the Evian Facial Water Spray or the MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ spray. Recently, I have been LOVING my Evian spray because it cools my face down and makes it feel amazing.
- While my face is still damp from the facial spray, I apply my Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel all over my face and neck. I like this lightweight moisturizer because it sinks in nicely and leaves my face soft. Typically, I will also apply a little more moisturizer under my eye to moisturize that area more.
- I will then finish up with applying Jack Black Lip Balm to my lips. I don’t typically go out during the day, but if I do, I will apply my Alba Botanicals Hawaiian Sunscreen in SPF 45 all over my face and exposed areas.
- Depending on if I wear makeup, I do two different things for my night time routine when it comes to cleansing. In either case, I use the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser with the soft facial brush from my Ultimate Skin Spa system if my skin is generally clean of makeup, but I still want to get any grime off my face from daily activity. If I wear a face of makeup, I add a few shakes of the Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains for Face to the cleanser, rub it together, and apply to my face for gentle exfoliation. I do this step with my hands so that I do not get any granules stuck in my facial brush. All of this done to a wet, warm face.
- I rinse off my cleanser thoroughly, and splash my face a few times to make sure I’ve removed all of the buffing grains COMPLETELY before moving onto the next step.
- Next, I spray the Evian Facial Spray onto my face to cool my skin and prep it for moisturizer. Then, I apply my Valentia True Glow Eye Cream to my under eye area. I let this sink in before I apply my moisturizer.
- My skin is the driest at night, so I like to use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ for very dry to dry combination skin. I also like to mix two drops each of Leven Rose Pomegranate Oil & Rosehip Oil before applying to my face and neck.
- Typically, I will brush my teeth before doing this routine, so my lips have Vaseline on them. I will exfoliate my lips and apply either my Jack Black lip balm or my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask so that my lips can be deeply nourished throughout the night.