Hey y’all! 2016 is the year of skin for me, so I thought it would be a good idea to share with you all the skin care routine I began in late 2015, and will continue in 2016. I have dry skin, so it is often a struggle for me to keep my face and skin moisturized to my liking. I think that doing this routine daily/weekly will really help my skin thrive and flourish. So, let’s get right into it.
- After brushing my teeth, I like to heat my face with a warm washcloth to prepare my skin for releasing the dirt and grime on my face. My skin is known for flaking, so this is a great opportunity for me to soften my skin first. I also make sure my skin is wet for Step 2.
- Using my exfoliating brush that came with my Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa system, I apply a little bit of the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser to the bristles and apply it to my face before turning the brush on. Normally, I will wash my face for the length of a three minute song (I’m obsessed with Backstreet Boys right now), using the brush on the first speed for my whole face, and the second speed for my nose and eyebrow areas.
- I rinse my face with my warm washcloth again, making sure to remove all of the cleanser residue as I can. If I had a toner, this would be the time that I would tone my face. Right now, I am currently looking for a toner, so if you have any suggestions, please share them.
- To cool my face down, I like using either the Evian Facial Water Spray or the MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ spray. Recently, I have been LOVING my Evian spray because it cools my face down and makes it feel amazing.
- While my face is still damp from the facial spray, I apply my Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel all over my face and neck. I like this lightweight moisturizer because it sinks in nicely and leaves my face soft. Typically, I will also apply a little more moisturizer under my eye to moisturize that area more.
- I will then finish up with applying Jack Black Lip Balm to my lips. I don’t typically go out during the day, but if I do, I will apply my Alba Botanicals Hawaiian Sunscreen in SPF 45 all over my face and exposed areas.
- Depending on if I wear makeup, I do two different things for my night time routine when it comes to cleansing. Just like in the morning, I use the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser with the soft facial brush from my Ultimate Skin Spa system if my skin is generally clean of makeup, but I still want to get any grime off my face from daily activity. If I wear a face of makeup, I add a few shakes of the Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains for Face to the cleanser, rub it together, and apply to my face for gentle exfoliation. I do this step with my hands so that I do not get any granules stuck in my facial brush. All of this done a wet face that had been warmed with a wet washcloth.
- I rinse off my cleanser thoroughly, and splash my face a few times to make sure I’ve removed all of the buffing grains COMPLETELY before moving onto the next step.
- Like in the morning routine, I spray the Evian Facial Spray onto my face to cool my skin and prep it for moisturizer. I will then apply my Valentia True Glow Eye Cream to my under eye area. I let this sink in before I apply my moisturizer.
- My skin is the driest at night, so I like to use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ for very dry to dry combination skin. I also like to mix two drops each of Leven Rose Pomegranate Oil & Rosehip Oil before applying to my face and neck.
- Typically, I will brush my teeth before doing this routine, so my lips have Vaseline on them. I will exfoliate my lips and apply either my Jack Black lip balm or my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask so that my lips can be deeply nourished throughout the night.