Hey, my loves! It’s been a while, as I always say. One day, I’ll do a life update to let you know why I’m always leaving without a word. But today, I want to share with you all my updated skin routine. If you’ve been here for a while, you would know that I have dry skin. Right now, my skin is more on the normal/dry side (a blessing in disguise), so I’ve changed my routine to be more moisturizing and light for the springtime. I have been purchasing and testing out new products, incorporating it into my skincare routine, and I am loving the result. Here is my current routine for the Spring and Summertime.
- After wetting my face with lukewarm water, I like to use my Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser with my Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa Spin Brush. I’ve mentioned these two products on this blog multiple times; I find that for a drugstore cleanser, my face enjoys this product. It doesn’t burn putting it on and doesn’t leave my face feeling stripped. I am still using my exfoliating brush to cleanse my face, but I will sometimes switch between the silicone brush head and the daily face brush if I plan on exfoliating with a physical exfoliant later.
- For my physical exfoliant, I like using the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Charcoal and Black Sugar Polish Mask right after cleansing my face. The bottle says that you can leave this product on for about 7 minutes, and that’s how long I leave it on my face. This mask has a warming effect on my face when I first apply it, but it does not make my skin uncomfortable. I have been using this scrub for over a year, and I love how soft this makes my skin feel. You can use this on dry skin as a mask, or wet skin as a mask/exfoliator. I find that it works better on my face while wet.
- After rinsing my scrub/mask completely from my face, I like to go in with the Herbivore Botanicals Orchid Youth Preserving Facial Oil. I purchased the roller ball size to try out, and I must say that I really love how this oil makes my skin feel. I no longer use a toner on my skin, mainly because I didn’t feel like the toner I previously used was truly helping my skin. So, I replaced toning for oiling my skin, sealing in the moisture after my mask. This oil smells like gardenia flowers, and it’s very calming. My skin feels like silk after using this.
- Typically, I just moisturize with the oil and go about my day. I need to get into sunscreen more, so I’m currently in search for a daytime moisturizer with SPF. For right now, I am using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel until I can find a better moisturizer with SPF.
- Once my skin is prepped, I would typically put on makeup. An updated makeup routine post will be coming soon, as I have new beauty products that I’m really liking right now, and a few that I do not like. More info on that at a later time.
- After a long day of makeup wearing, it is time to remove my makeup. I ordered and received the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm last night, and I tried it out. Y’all; I LOVE IT. I love this cleansing balm for removing ALL of my makeup, from foundation and mascara to liquid lipstick and eyeliner. The balm melts into a soft oil that helps break down all of the product on your face. I used it on my eyes and it helped break down my mascara and eyeshadow without a problem. Pre-cleansing was easy with the balm, as I could take most of the makeup off with a makeup wipe. I would suggest being careful around the eyes, though; while this product wiped away clean from my eyes after using a makeup wipe, I did feel like a little of the oil got into my eye. While it did not burn my eye, it did make my vision blurry. Have a makeup wipe on hand that you can grab without opening your eyes, just so you came ensure that oil doesn’t cloud your vision.
- If I have worn makeup, I will repeat my morning skincare routine, save for exfoliating with a physical exfoliant. I will typically use a foaming cleanser and the silicone brush head to remove remaining makeup. Afterward, I apply my oil. After the oil soaks in, I will then apply the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Honeydew & Chamomile Sleeping Mask. This mask makes my skin feel so soft and supple. The best part about this sleeping mask is that I can apply it before bed, allowing it to soak into my face while I’m sleeping. I’ve been using it every other day for a month, and I can say that I love the results.
- Before bed, I will apply my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Treatment Mask so that my dry lips can be deeply hydrated as I sleep.
So, that’s the end of my spring and summer routine. Right now, I enjoy the simplicity of my routine, as well as how moisturizing this routine has been leaving my skin. I do plan to incorporate ice rolling again, mainly for hot days when my skin needs refreshing, as well as using water-based mists to treat my skin while out in the elements. Do you all change your skincare routines based on the seasons? What products are you using to deal with your skin type? Are there any “for all skin type” products you love? Let me know down in the comments!
If you haven’t already, please follow me on Instagram @ShunaRae, and also check out my Facebook Fan Page (Beauty By Shuna Rae) if you all want to be able to catch up with me on those platforms. I will be back with more content soon, so stick around. I hope you all have a great day and thank you for reading!
P.S. Links to the products I use are provided for you within the post. These are direct links to the products, and no affiliate links or codes are used within the links!